The ManicSlot Mini Review
- The Scalextric Ford GT represents limited collectiblity due to the fantasy Gran Turismo livery
- Strong 'from the box' performance, any slot that can lap sub 6 seconds on my track is a winner, (the GT best was 5.76)
- Stunningly detailed slot car, (the wheels are very impressive in the flesh)
- Quick change braid system
- Fantastic paint and decal finish
- Fantasy livery although Playstation GT fans will be happy
- Rear axle has massive sideways play, required 4 spacers to correct
- Not so good non magnetic performance
There is no doubt (in my mind anyway) that the Ford GT is an impressive looking slot cars release from Scalextric. Track performance is fantastic and will rival even some of the fastest Slot.it car on plastic track even if the GT does it with less style. Detail levels are off the chart, this is one impressively detailed slot car.
Unfortunately this particular release is a 'fantasy' livery so has not received the success it should have from purist slot racers and collectors. Although I can understand this issue, as a Gran Turismo game fan I love this livery.
This is a great slot car and represents excellent value, if you don't like the fantasy livery you'll be happy to hear Scalextric plan to release some great race liveries of the GT in 2010.
Return to the ManicSlot's Gallery Here