Sunday 18 January 2009

NEWS: Scalextric 2009 Part 2

Scalextric 2009 Range
Presentation - The Modern Enduros

Scalextric recently released their 2009 model line up and it looks like there will be something for everyone. Recently, I showed off some of the planned classic releases for 2009 which look very impressive. I thought it only fair to also feature some of the planned enduro slots Scalextric plans to release in 2009 - Prepare to be impressed. Firstly, the new Jaguar XKR GT3 looks like it will be a great addition to Scalextrics already large GT range of slots.

2009 will see another livery for both the Maserati MC12 and the Jaguar XKRS. The 'vitaphone' MC12 looks good, lets hope they get the green right. The 'rocketsports' XKRS looks like it might be a striking livery although I was never that impressed by Scalextrics XKRS. The model comes with no lights, (like the real car) but still I prefer my Scalextric slots to have lights not stickers, makes them more realistic and fun to drive I think.

For Ford fans, there is great news in that Scalextric is going to finally release Ford GT in full race trim with rear wing. If you ever played Grand Turismo 4 on the Playstation 2 you will remember this car from the opening movie. An amazing looking car and one I've been waiting for ever since Scalextric released the road GT all those years ago - Now I just have to wait till the 3rd quater of 2009 to get my hands on it!


For more information about Scalextric's 2009 range,

────────────────────────────────

No comments :