The ManicSlot Mini Review
- The Scalextric McLaren M23 has limited collectability
- Strong 'from the box' performance
- Strong detail and finish levels
- Scalextric could have gone further in the detail department, a poor cousin to Fly's classic F1 releases
- Average non magnetic performance
The Scalextric McLaren M23 is slot car that you may easily miss if you're not a huge classic F1 fan. These cars are not as popular as Scalextric's Ferrari 312T F1 which was released at the same time. Personally I really like the McLaren and it looks fantastic racing around the track. Due to its limited popularity you can pick up one of these for a fair price without too much trouble.
On track performance is excellent, any slot that can achieve a sub 6 second lap time on my track is impressive, and the McLaren best was 5.68 seconds.
Return to the ManicSlot's Gallery Here