The ManicSlot Mini Review
- The 'Bullitt' Mustang is Pioneers first release and has very strong collectible status
- Excellent 'from the box' magnetic performer,
- Vehicle Data Card and spare body parts included
- Spare glide, braids and full set of wheels included
- Digital Plug Ready chassis, (Scalextric Part Ref C8515)
- Very high level of detail and paint finish including detailed interior and 'Steve McQueen' driver figure
- Good levels of engineering
- Quick change braids
- Lights would be a nice touch
- Small amount of play in rear axle, (easily fixed with a single shim)
The 'Bullitt' Mustang is a very exciting and highly anticipated maiden release from Pioneer and for good reasons, this is a very special slot car.
It reminds me of when Slot.it released the Audi R8C or when Fly released the very first Viper, events that define the evolution of slot cars in our hobby. Pioneer's Mustang does just that, it evolves our hobby by setting new standards in attention to detail and finish. Pioneer is clearly a company that thinks outside the box and listens to the slot community with both ears.
Pioneer has shown they are prepared to go to extreme lengths with respect to detail and finish and have engineered a very drivable slot car. If you don't have one of these in your collection you're crazy!
You can read a FULL review of the Bullitt Mustang on ManicSlot's Review Page Here
Return to the ManicSlot's Gallery Here