The ManicSlot Mini Review
- The BMW LM V12 makes for a desirable slot car
- Good decal detail
- Once setup correctly, the V12 is a very impressive non-mag runner
- Poor 'from the box' performance
- White plastic slot, not painted
- Average model detail levels
- Very 'sloppy' front axle requiring shorting and several shims to correct on my model, (see above photo for brass shim locations)
I have always loved the BMW LM V12 as a 1:1 race car but the dated Ninco offering is a slot car of poor detail and performance compared to other slots from Slot.it, NSR, Scalextric, Fly and newer Ninco slots.
That being said you have no high expectations of this slightly older slot and will be surprised by its impressive non magnetic performance once setup correctly. I replaced the glide, rear rubber, removed the play in front/rear axle and lowered the body on the chassis for appearance.
If you can pick one up cheaply, the Ninco BMW LM V12 well worth the dollars.
Return to the ManicSlot's Gallery Here