The ManicSlot Mini Review
- The Fly Williams FW07 is a striking looking slot car. Given the strong classic F1 resurgence in slot cars, I think it has strong potential to become collectible
- Solid 'from the box' performance, this is no March 761
- Stunningly detailed slot car
- Front wheels steering
- Innovative geering solution
- Fantastic paint and decal finish
- The front steering is a little fragile
- Fly has used a terrible braid on this car, you will have to upgrade it straight away
- I still feel Flyslot cars are too expensive
The Williams FW07 is a very exciting release from Flyslot. It is a slot car that looks fantastic on the track although I'm a little disappointed with its performance which I found to be average.
As with the Fly March 761, Flyslot has incorporated front steering (which is functions via the guide) into the FW07's design. I also take my hat off to Flyslot for their innovative way of addressing the body moulding issues created due to crown gears. I hope we see other manufactures follow this lead.
Unless you have a stack of Fly March 761s and are after something different, I'd put my money towards a March 761 as they are a far superior slot car on the track.
Return to the ManicSlot's Gallery Here