Sunday 20 January 2008

SLOT SOUL: Porsche 962C

Slot.it Porsche 962C
Camel Brun Motorsport 1988

2007 has to be the year of the plain kit. Slot.it, MB Slot, Ninco and Spirit all release slots in plain kits so you can create your own piece of slot soul, a unique liveried slot car with your own character. I find that there is nothing more enjoyable as racing your own personal liveried slot.

I thought I'd start sharing some of my sprayed and liveried slot cars as I really enjoy this aspect of our great hobby. If you're a first timer, this section is designed to inspire you to start down the road of producing your own slot cars. If you have already explored this aspect of our hobby, I hope you enjoy the photos. I encourage you to send some photos of your cars in so I can share them with other readers.

This slot started out as a Rothmans Porsche 956 from the 3 car LE Rothmans set, (I didn't have a spare 962). The slot had been raced hard and it was showing with scratches and some damage to the tail. For some reason decals had also started to come away in places, it was time for a respray!

The Camel Brun Motorsport Porsche 962C raced at Le Mans in 1988 but did not finish due to an accident after 91 laps. The car was driven by Walter Lechner, Franz Hunkeler and Manuel Reuter.




You can find out more about the 1988 running of Le Mans here:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Le_Mans-1988-06-12-photo.html



────────────────────────────────

No comments :